On 26 and 27 June 2019, a delegation from the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) and another from the Bill and Melinda GATES Foundation (FBMG) carried out a joint mission to the Office nationale de l'Assainissement du Sénégal (ONAS), to examine the Autonomous Sanitation Project in the Dakar region (PAAD). Specifically, the joint mission made it possible to:
- Review with ONAS the launch of the PAAD feasibility study with ONAS consultants from the Gret/Hystra group and teams from AFD and FBMG (clarification of objectives, finalization of the contract; study schedule);
- Hold a meeting with ONAS partners working on autonomous sanitation (USAID, OXFAM, AAAS, etc.) to coordinate future actions.
To this end, three meetings were held under the chairmanship of Mr Lansana Gagny SAKHO, Director General of ONAS.
- BRIEFING MEETING OF THE JOINT AFD-FBMG MISSION FOR THE APPRAISAL OF THE AUTONOMOUS SANITATION PROJECT IN THE DAKAR REGION (PAAD) - 26 JUNE 2019
The purpose of this meeting was to clarify the objectives of the PAAD by highlighting their links with the priorities defined by national sanitation policies and strategies (PES - LPSD - PNDDAA).
- The meeting provided an opportunity to present:
- national sanitation priorities and orientations;
- the National Sustainable Development Programme for Autonomous Sanitation (PNDDAA);
- PAAD and links with ONAS Strategic Objectives;
- clarification of the objectives of the PAAD
- MEETING TO PRESENT THE TECHNICAL AND FINANCIAL OFFER OF THE FEASIBILITY STUDY FOR THE AUTONOMOUS SANITATION PROJECT IN THE DAKAR REGION (PAAD) - 26 JUNE 2019
The objective of this meeting was to discuss the technical and financial offer proposed by the GRET-HYSTRA group, in order to agree on the practical arrangements for finalising the contract for the implementation of the PAAD feasibility study
- JOINT WORKING SESSION: ONAS - AFD - FBMG - OXFAM - WASHFIN - EDE - 27 JUNE 2019
The purpose of this meeting was to share experiences on the activities implemented by the main partners to scale up the PSMBV.
In addition to the Director General of ONAS and the members of the Coordination Unit of the PSMBV, the meeting brought together representatives of the structures concerned by the scaling up of the PSMBV, namely AFD, FMBG, the USAID WASH FIN project, the NGO OXFAM, the Association des Acteurs de l'Assainissement du Sénégal (AAAS), the Cabinet EDE, Cabinet Gret and the Cabinet Avantage Consulting.